Sunday, February 1, 2009

The biggest blunder of my Life.... A small story :-(

I was returning from my office after a hectic day at work in my car at around 2 am. It was all dark around , still my coding issues are running in my mind. I was enjoying my super-high speed drive on the free high-way.I was almost drowsy , I wanted to jump on to my bed as soon as possible. I would have completed my work and returned earlier than that time if I had not spent most of the time with chats on phone, gtalk and orkut..... but it was a colourful day as the new lady in my team has finally agreed to come with me for a weekend movie. As I was thinking (dreaming ) of all this , suddenly a guy crashed onto my car and fell on the divider . By the time I could realise what was happening , my colleague cum room-mate, sitting in the back-seat started screaming, "He is Killed, lets move away...."

Without thinking anything i followed my frens words and drove fast. I was highly confused and my legs were shivering.Once I reached my home,I realised that the guy would be bleeding whole night on the road with no help. I did not want to be a coward and I was feeling restless , so left my fren and went back to the spot on another(my frens car ). Its all dark, the bike was on the middle of the road and the guy was banged onto the divider. I dragged the guy into my car and drove him to the nearest hospital which was some 10 kms away.

I told the Hospital authorities that i saw this guy bleeding on the road . They informed Police andt the guy had some life in his body.I could feel his pulse while dragging him . I left the place , without furnishing my true details ,at around 5 am. Once I reached my home, I found the guy's cell phone lying in the car, kept it safetly in my draw .

I was having mixed feelings , I din want that guy to die like that because of me, but I am also afraid what would happen if he survives and takes my name.On that day his cell was ringing continuosly , so many people were calling him and many msgs were flowing in. I could nt switch off the cell as it would give doubt to the callers. .Every time it vibrated my legs shivered faster than those vibrations.

In the night i grabbed the cell and started reading the messages . All messages are from a single number, it was from some, Thrishali .
6 a.m:"I will be near register office at 9 am" .....
8 am:"Don forget to bring the garlands"......
9 am: "I reached , where are you"....
10:55am: "Why you are not picking the call."....
11:55:" I am waiting for last 3 hrs , are u coming or not"............
3 pm:"So you finally showed your true colour, you scary cat, I am going back to my home"......
9pm: "It was my mistake to trust you, i am visiting doctor tomorrow for abortion".......

After 2 days , again I opened the inbox. Same gal's messages, "I trusted you more than myself, still you did it to me. Ok don marry me , but don run away like this. Speak to me, I need you, I cant tell about my abortion to anyone. I cant cry in front of anyone other than you." Just as I was reading through that mesage , tears were scrolling down my face. For no mistake of this guy the gal is mis-understanding him and she is in acute pain.

There was one more message from his younger bro or sis ,I guess. "Bro , why you are not picking calls.Last date for my exam fees is approaching and you have not done the online money transfer yet. Do it fast.Mom also wanted you to send money for monthly rations, nil balance, pleaze understand." After a week again I opened the inbox, the little bro (or sis ) spitting venom "Just because Mom said no to your love, you ditched us?? You know that we are surving here only with what you send,still???Ok your wish , thats it . Its all over.. For us you are dead and same with you I guess.." I could nt stop myself from weeping .I never hated anyone more than myself on that day.

Next day I went to hospital to enquire the guy's status . He was in Coma and on ventilators. I could nt control myself, I wanted to die . Someone is dying because of me and his close-ones are no where near. The only help I could do is inform his close-ones. I gathered my courage and called his bro and and his gal friend and informed about his accident and that I found his cell lying in the car only after a week. The gal came , wept like hell and I could nt show my face to her .After she went off ,then his Mom and younger bro came . They were shattered and I could nt control his mom . She was weeping holding the guy's legs.After a week the guy lost his battle on ventilators.I saw that his family got all the insurance amount and his hospital bills were all payed by his company.

After a year I approached the gal's parents through one of my uncles and soon our marriage was arranged. Just the day before our marraige the gal came and said she was aborted and told all the story. I held her hands and asked me to slap, she dint understand but I explained everything. She was silent for a while and then hugged me !






No comments:

Post a Comment