Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I wish ......???

It was May 2006 , thats the worst part of the year to roam in tropical regions. Malaysia is the hottest place in the mid year time , only a fool could go out there for roaming in that time. And I happened to be that helpless creature roaming in hot sun in Malaysia ,as I had to go there on a company visit.


2 months I spent lonely time in my hotel room and I was counting weeks, days, hours and minutes . But still one week has to pass on.I spent the days and nights restlessly . Its hard to get proper sleep at the right time, I got myself used to sleeping pills.


On a sunday when I was roaming around a popular shopping market , someone called me from behind "Excuse me, are u an Indian ..". Before I could nod my head , she started asking where I could get Indian food. Before I could answer she started telling how bad the other hotel was.She was beautiful, gorgeous , very attractive and alone !!!For a minute I wondered if it was some Barbie doll , walking around and blabbering some beautiful nonsense !I knew if I tell that an Indian restaurant was in the next nook, she' l say thanks and she l go off. I told her that there are no good Indian restaurants in the vicinity and there's one very far but . I told her that I am going there in my car , and offered her a ride. She said yes .. yes... yes..yes .. yes... yes... yes... yes ... yes.Though she said yes only once it was repeating in my ears like a morning alarm . I jumped on that , and took her to that very far restaurant, 2 hrs away . Suddenly Malaysia started looking very beautiful .We reached the restaurant and had lovely Indian food . She said thanks and started her way back on a taxi to her hotel . I wanted to ask her phone number, her name, her hotel address , her city and many more things. All I could ask her is " Hey, just a minute .... may I know............ ....the time???????" . I was so dumb that i dint hide my watch while asking for time, still she told "12 pm Indian time, 3:30 pm Malaysian. " and I told I had Indian time on my watch .She went off . I started feeling the Malaysian heat and the short span of winter has vanished.
Next day at the complimentary breakfast I saw a Indian gal with traditional Indian wear, as I was staring at her from behind, she looked back and said 'hii...hiii...hiii....hiii....hiiiiiiiii', though she she said it once , it echoed all around in my heart. She told me that she came only the previous day on a holiday trip, which she got as a prize in a game show. Her name was Nayana .We went for site seeing ,had dinners together and did loads of shopping. I was just enjoying every minute in her company and wished that week would never come to an end ...


On friday night I told her that I will be flying back to India on the next day , I tought she will feel sad or bad, but she jumped and I started feeling sad and bad . She told me that even she is flying on the next day.I was too happy.Next day when I knocked her door , she dint open , then I called her extention, she din speak.I asked the reception guys and they said she is inside . After 2 hours again I tried but in vain. So I called the hotel guys and asked them to get the door opened . We were shocked to find her in an unconscious state. We admitted her in a near by hospital .She seemed to have taken some a pill which ended up in some bizarre reaction.I was getting late for my flight , still somewhere I was feeling bad for her . I cancelled my flight and stayed back .I stayed the whole night in the hospital and was alongside her, when she was getting her salines and injections.Next day when i woke up in the morning I saw her weeping on bed. I was sleeping on a chair. She was worried about her missed flight and her hospital expenses. I told her not worry, I payed her expenses and stuff and asked her to return me in India.She hugged me and said thanks .

We booked the tickets for next available flight . When we landed in Bangalore, she started weeping , holding my hands and hugged me . It was like a bonanza offer. Her parents came, she introduced me .Her father , mother and her younger sister started hugging me !! I guess she might have told them everything on phone. She took my number and they left to their home. And i returned to my place. After my dinner, i started re-collecting everything and started missing her. I felt bit shy and my shit ego stopped me from asking her number. Somehow I managed myself and slept. Exactly at around 11 pm , I got a call from her .I loved the moment. My adreline was rushing all through my body . We spoke for hours and this continued for few days at nights .We started going to movies .We were enjoying ourselves.I dint know it was love or something else, and i dint bother to think much .


One day she told me that she got a film offer in a regional film. She went to Chennai for a month shooting, then another film and then one more .We were speaking rarely on phone not even our usual good morning , good nite text msgs. I tried calling her , but it seems to be busy everytime I call or her cell will be switched off .
After 3 months or so ,I heard that she became a popular heroine in southern (Indian) films. I felt she deserves whatever she is getting now. One day I got a mail forwarded by my friend with Subject line " A popular heroine's real life kissing photo". When I opened it , I was shocked to find my gal with some budding hero. After 2 days I got a call from her , I din pick . She tried continuosly but I din pick it . The next day I saw in a news channel that Nayanathara, a popular heroine has attempted suicide. I ran to their parents house to enquire about her. I was told that in film industry she got new friends and new habits like drugs and boozing. When she was in a semi conscious state guys in a rave party exploited her and took some inappropriate photos.


When she recovered i went to their house and met her. She started weeping and said sorry. And asked me why I still came to see her after all this. I told her only 3 words " I Love You" . She started weeping and hugged me.We spoke to our parents and got married. We went to goa for a holiday trip to take break from all the mess that happened. When I was in my hotel room sleeping in my bed, I realised someone was knocking my door. When I woke up I saw that she is not in the room, I went and opened the door . I realised it was the same house keeping guy whom I saw in malaysia. I asked him what was he doing here in Goa. He laughed and said "nice joke"...................


I realised that Im still in Malaysia counting days in my last week and that it was just a dream : -( :-( :-( :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment